- Liver disease of genetic-metabolic, congenital and anatomical etiologies
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Congenital, anatomical and functional
- Normal infant and child nutrition.
- Under-nutrition, over-nutrition and malnutrition.
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition.
- Portal hypertension and hepatic vascular disorders.
- Hepatitis, rotavirus and other vaccinations against gastrointestinal and hepatic infections
- Recent genetic and molecular biology advances in diagnosis, prevention and therapy.
- Hepatic and gastrointestinal imaging.
- Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary endoscopy.
- Hepato-billary surgery and liver transplantation.
- Viral, bacterial, Fungal, Parasitic and Protozoal hepatic and gastrointestinal infections.
- Gastrointestinal drug therapeutics.
- Short bowel syndrome and intestinal transplantation.
- Economic and social perspectives of pediatric nutrition.
- Functional foods, probiotics and prebiotics.
- Indigenous and traditional feeding practices in pediatrics.
- Interactions between the liver/gut axis and other systems.